Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Adk Weather

Sporadic weather and an immediate snow squall, combined with wear on my fingertips begin to push me off the West Branch of the Ausable. I am left with a common early season strike but it feels like my line got hung up on the bottom. One cannot be fooled by these subtle strikes, which are most likely Browns on the West Branch. Many believe Browns do not jump. While true to an extent, I have witnessed early season giants come clear out of the cold (35 F) water on multiple occasions. This idea is not a rule, as there are no rules here in the Wildlife.                                                                                  

This time of year is a great time to hone those streamer fishing skills with a guided trip, while also getting what many believe is the best opportunity to catch the biggest Browns. With over 20 years of guiding experience, I am able to offer clear and professional instruction and would be happy to provide you with guiding services. Whether a tune up in a particular skill area, or a trip to get to know the local waters better, feel free to call or email me with any questions. I would be happy to customize a guided fishing trip for you. For additional information, please visit http://www.adkwildlife.com/ or email me at ken@adkwildlife.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment