Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Mighty Saranac

With things very dry, a shot of rain before the weekend would be very welcome. Now that air temps have stabilized, fishing seems to be getting active again in most places.

I have been receiving reports from many other waters, while expanding my operations to some of the other major rivers in the region. That said, my main focus throughout the season will still be out my backdoor; the West Branch of the Ausable and the Saranac Rivers.

For those of you not familiar with the Saranac Rivers, they are fishing quiet well as we speak. This river is well spoken of in many well noted books on Fly Fishing. I highly recommended considering my fishing guide services for the Saranacs, as this river system is Black and White and much different than the Ausable. One thing that stands out  most is the feeding habits of the Trout. What they eat and how they eat in the Saranacs can be very different than many Trout rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment