Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fish Eyes

With snow blanketing the banks of the West Branch of the Ausable,the Fish seem to have moved closer to the bottom and tighter to the banks.This I would attribute to water temps having dropped into low 40s,and air temps having dropped into the30s.Yesterdays off, and on showers have raised the water a little.However  wading levels  are still very comfortable.


Through many seasons, I have come to prefer the most high quality polarized glasses I can get my hands on,and for  most Guides are #1 piece of equipment are polarized glasses.For spotting Fish,and also safety.


Now as the water has warmed, and Fish have been more active this past week, I have spotted many Fish suspended in the water column with today that not being the case.I find many times when I do not see any Fish suspended in the water column or any other activity,this is a good indicator of Fish having stopped feeding.This being usually due to drastic change in weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment